Swindon man jailed for driving while disqualified on M4

A 26-year-old Swindon man has been jailed for four months after admitting driving while disqualified and without insurance.

Dominik Pietka, of Edington Close, appeared at Swindon Magistrates’ Court where the court heard how he was spotted driving on the M4.

On 25 July, Pietka was seen by a police officer travelling at speed on the eastbound carriageway of the motorway.

Your Holiday Starts Now

He was followed as he left the M4 at Junction 16, where his vehicle was stopped by officers from the specialist operations team.

Pietka was arrested and subsequently admitted offences of driving while disqualified and driving without insurance.

He was sentenced to four months in prison at Swindon Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, 12 August.

PC Craig Head said Pietka had shown a “flagrant disregard” for court orders previously imposed on him.

“This custodial sentence sends a strong and clear message that such conduct is entirely unacceptable,” he said.

The case comes as police continue to target motorists who drive despite being disqualified from doing so or without the required insurance.

Tell us what you think...