Swindon Phoenix Rotary Club is once again aiming to get 500 runners out in costume raising money for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance at this year’s Santa Fun Run on Sunday 2nd December 2018.

Runners can now sign up for the event, held annually in the stunning surroundings of Lydiard Park, with 75% of the proceeds this year going to the Wiltshire Air Ambulance and the remaining 25% being distributed to small local Swindon charities.

The Santa Fun Run is a fun event open to all abilities with a Santa suit included as part of the £15 entry price. There will also be a Zumba warm-up session prior to the start and refreshments will be before, during and after the event for runners and supporters.

Chris Sims, President of the Swindon Phoenix Rotary Club, is looking forward to what will be the seventh successive event of its kind.

“Every year it is fantastic to see so many individuals, groups, the young, the not so young and even some of the four-legged variety set off around the course. Seeing so many Santa’s is quite a sight and of course all in support of such magnificent local causes.”

Kenresa Stratford, Events Coordinator at Wiltshire Air Ambulance, said: “We’re so grateful to the Swindon Phoenix Rotary Club for choosing Wiltshire Air Ambulance to once again benefit from this year’s Santa Fun Run.

“The funds raised will help to keep our lifesaving service operational in Swindon and the rest of Wiltshire. The Santa Fun Run is great fun and people of all ages can take part. We will be at the event with our mascot, Wilber, and our Air Ambulance elves will also be participating by walking the 5k route. We look forward to meeting people who are taking part.”

The cost for an Adult is just £15 to include your Santa suit, infant entry 0-4 years are free. To register and to book your places please log onto www.swindonsanta.org.uk

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here