To help celebrate World Book Day Booktrust.org.uk have compiled their list of the 100 best books for children from the last 100 years.
Here is the ultimate booklist to read before you’re 14 chosen by experts. The list has been broken down into four age bands, with 25 titles in each band.
Booktrust.org.uk also ran a nationwide poll to find out which books were the nation’s favourite 10 from the full list and this is what was chosen.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J K Rowling
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- The BFG by Roald Dahl, illustrated by Quentin Blake
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Winnie-the-Pooh by A A Milne, illustrated by E H Shepherd
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr Seuss
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J R R Tolkien
- Charlotte’s Web by E B White
- Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C S Lewis
What are your thoughts? Do you agree with the lists or is there something obvious missing? Let us know in the comments section below.